To view original article click here
The Oxford Times
6:30am Friday 8th August 2014 in News
Sun Hei Lam, 54, was discovered at about 2pm on April 22 by support worker, Robert Atkinson, who had earlier heard a thud at the top of the stairs.
Mr Lam was pronounced dead at about 2.30pm that day from a large upper gastro-intestinal haemorrhage, due to gastritis – an inflammation of the lining of the stomach – and toxic levels of fluoxetine – a drug he was taking.
Coroner Darren Salter heard at Mr Lam’s inquest on Tuesday that pathologist Clare Verrill had concluded his death should be attributed to toxic levels of fluoxetine in his system.
Mr Salter said: “There is evidence that not only could the fluoxetine have been at a toxic level and in a fatal range, but it could have been responsible for the gastritis.
“I think that the best opinion is that this is a drug-related death, not least because of the fluoxetine.”