To view original article click here
First posted on Antidepaware
3:28pm Thursday 19th December 2013 in Winchester
An Eastleigh man died after an overdose of heroin, an inquest heard.
Graham Bowden, 30, was found by his brother, Daniel, in the early hours on June 11 face down on a table at their mother’s house shortly after he had injected himself with heroin.
The father-of-two had reportedly suffered from long-standing anxiety and depression as a result of drug addiction but had been seeking treatment in the months prior to his death. He had been referred to The Bridge in Eastleigh, an open access substance misuse centre.
Pathologist Dr Adnan Al-Badri, who carried out a post-mortem, found a mixture of Morphine, Diazepam, Codeine and Amitriptyline were found in his blood and tissue samples – some of which were prescribed as part of his rehabilitation.
The inquest heard Mr Bowden had recently been served an eviction notice from his home at Sedgewick Court which had made him depressed, according to his mother, Diane McGovern.
In a statement read out at the inquest, she said: “I’m completely shocked and surprised by his sudden death. Everyone said how well he was doing and he looked so well.”
His mother had wished her son goodbye, at her home in Templecombe Road, on the day she left for a holiday in Mexico, stating “he was in good spirits.”
Deputy coroner for Central Hampshire, Simon Burge recorded an open verdict.
“The facts are whilst staying overnight at Templecombe Road, Mr Bowden took heroin. The effects of which resulted in his death,” he said. “I’d like to extend my condolences to his family.”
Mr Bowden leaves behind his fiancée, Zoe Anderson, and two sons, 12-year-old Jake and 8-year-old Ryan.