Fatal prescription drugs overdose — (The Southern Daily Echo)

First Posted on Antidepaware.co.uk

To view original article click here

11:30am Monday 11th March 2013 in News

A WOMAN died after taking an accidental overdose of prescription drugs, a coroner has ruled.

Shirley Porter, 65, was found by her husband Peter in the bathroom at their home in Rossington Avenue, Bitterne, Southampton, on October 21 last year.

The inquest at Southampton Coroner’s Court heard that a post mortem discovered a cocktail of anti-depressant medication in her system. Deputy coroner Gordon Benson recorded a verdict of accidental death.

Speaking to the Daily Echo after the inquest, Mr Porter said: “She was a lovely lady but she had hard times.”