Former heroin user died of a drugs overdose, inquest hears — (South Bucks Slough Express)

First Posted on

To view original article click here

South Bucks Slough Express

Friday 02 August 2013

Written by Justin Burns

A former heroin addict died from a drug overdose after collapsing at a hostel in Slough where he lived, an inquest heard today.

Jason Williams was found by a staff member of the Look Ahead Hostel in Burlington Road suffering fits and multiple seizures in his room on December 7.

The 40-year-old was taken to Wexham Park Hospital by paramedics, where he then suffered a cardiac arrest and died the next day on December 8.

The Windsor Guildhall inquest heard how Mr Williams had previously been a regular heroin and methadone user and was also suffering from tuberculosis, and hepatitis C.

A toxicology report by Dr Susan Patterson said prescribed anti-depressant tablets and methadone were found inside his body.

A post-mortem examination found the cause of death to be a cardio-respiratory arrest down to a drug overdose.

Berkshire coroner Peter Bedford recorded a verdict of a drug-related death, but said he could not be sure if the overdose was deliberate.