To view original article click here
Dean Collins, 21 (West Yorkshire). Duloxetine. Overdose of Quetiapine
By Robert Sutcliffe 9 Jan 2014 08:3
A young man with a history of mental health problems died from a fatal overdose of a prescribed drug, an inquest heard yesterday.
Dean Collins, 21, of Reinwood Road, Oakes, died on June 15 last year.
An inquest at Huddersfield Coroners’ Court heard tests carried out following his death found 15.5 micrograms of the anti-psychotic drug Quetiapine.
The therapeutic level is 0.4 micrograms.
He had also taken the recreational drug Ecstasy, Mephedrone, originally a legal high and Duloxetine, an anti-depressant.
The court heard that on the Friday night before he died he went out with friends and returned to his home where he lived with his mum and her partner after midnight.
He went to two parties in the early hours and his mother Tracy Collins heard him sleeping in his bedroom at 7.30am.
After going shopping she later found him unresponsive at 4pm.
Assistant deputy coroner Mary Burke recorded an open verdict, saying his intentions at the time of his death were not clear.