To view original article click here
Journal of European Neuropsychopharmacology
Author links open overlay panel Christian J.BachmannLiseAagaardMehmetBurcuGerdGlaeskeLuuk J.KalverdijkIrenePetersenCatharina C.M.Schuiling-VeningaLindaWijlaarsJulie M.ZitoFalkHoffmann
- From 2005–2012, antidepressant (ATD) use increased markedly in all studied countries.
- In 2012, ATD prevalence was 1.6% (US), 1.1% (UK), 1.0% (DK), 0.6% (NL) and 0.5% (DE).
- Increase was greatest in 10−14 year olds (NL, UK) and 15−19 year olds (DK, DE, US).
- SSRIs were most popular in DK (81.8% of all ATDs), and tricyclics in DE (23.0%).
- Top-ranking drugs were citalopram (DK, NL), fluoxetine (DE, UK) and sertraline (US).