Woman died after taking her boyfriend’s medication — (Sunderland Echo)

To view original article click here

AntiDepAware Summary:

Vicki Brown, 41 (County Durham). Overdose of Amitriptyline, Propanolol & Codeine

January 13, 2014

A WOMAN died after taking her partner’s medication.

An inquest into Vicki Brown’s death heard she sent messages to friends telling them she loved them before she was found unconscious at her Washington home.

The 41-year-old was taken to Sunderland Royal Hospital, where she died on September 23.

The hearing at the city’s coroner’s court heard the beta-blocker Propanolol was found in her blood. It had not been prescribed to her, but her partner David Chapman was taking it.

She had also taken some of her own medication, including amitriptyline and codeine.

DC Gina Datham, from Northumbria Police, said: “I understand she had been out drinking with her partner. There had been some sort of argument, he could not give me an exact idea of what that was.

“He went to bed and left her on the settee.

“The only thing that was significant was that she sent a couple of messages to friends at 1.41am saying ‘I love you’, and posted a message on Facebook to the same effect, saying she would not regret what she had done.”

Pathologist Dr Matthew Theodosiou said Ms Brown died of mixed drugs toxicity. Conclusion: misadventure